Being confident and trusting in your abilities will open many doors and help you enjoy life to its fullest. Perhaps you’ve had it and lost it, or maybe you have never had it at all. Low confidence and lack of self-esteem have an affect on every part of your life. This is often demonstrated in the form of other problems, including depression. Fortunately hypnotherapy has an excellent success rate in dealing with lack of confidence. It seeks to identify and remedy the causes and beliefs that lie behind low self-esteem. Sometimes it can be as simple as programming confident beliefs using direct suggestions.
Hypnosis can give you the right mindset to build confidence.
The key is to recognise, appreciate and remind yourself of the many skills that you do have and use every day. Long-term sustainable confidence should initially be grounded in reality. Hypnosis will provide you with the tools you need to build confidence gradually, in tandem with real ability.
At its best, hypnotherapy can help you achieve a mindset that is free of obsessive perfectionism. It will help you create one that is kind and accepting of yourself so that your confidence stays intact, even when you are experiencing setbacks.
Real Confidence/Self-Esteem consists of an appreciation of what you can do with an honest respect for your own abilities, including:
- knowing your strengths and trusting in them
- having an appreciation and open acceptance of your limitations
- understanding that some perceived imitations can be overcome
- freeing you from over-concern of how you are perceived by others
- accepting that these perceptions do play a part in everyday life but do not determine who you are
- having a strong sense of your own identity
The Importance of Developing Skills as a Foundation for Confidence & Good Self-Esteem.
Feeling confident is something that grows through practice. Overcoming fear, accepting mistakes and learning from them. Some basic skills are:
- having an effective communication style
- observing how and when your own emotions change
- understanding your own needs in order to feel a sense of control
- having sufficient rest and time to care for yourself
- learning how to manage times of stress
- recognising how people who are positive and have fun can lift your spirits
- developing a wide range of interests and activities (where possible)